"A girl should be two things; Classy and Fabulous" - Coco Chanel

Monday 11 November 2013

Hair Trend: Balayage Highlights



I want a
change...What shall I do to my hair? Should I go dark? Shall I dye it blonde? Well my gosh, these are the annoying questions that I get myself in a tizz about, being an indecisive Libran and all. I made a Facebook status to try and gain the advice of friends and family and these seemed to be quite controversial, my dad even tried to 'dadmail me' (emotional blackmailed by my father..).



Meanwhile, one of my oldest school friends, Sasha, phoned me instantly to insist that I do NOT go back dark, "Bianca (she refuses to call me Bea) you are not dying your hair dark, everyone is lying it makes you look pale, your nose looks bigger and well it looks like you are going bald where your hair grows back...they don't want you to look pretty". This was so priceless...but so true...not the pretty part though, I hope!

After weeks of contemplation, I finally came to the decision that I would keep my hair strawberry blonde rather then going back dark...lets not forget I was once so dark you could have mistaken me for Wednesday Adams..not so pretty.

I booked myself into Urban Retreat in Harrods as I felt like I needed pampering and wanted a day full of 'ME time'. Mattia, my hairdresser was angry at the thought of me changing my hair or even going blonder ("People pay so much money to try and get this colour (strawberry blonde/ginger)" rah rah rah) and so he persuaded me into having Balayage Highlights which he insists are the best and most natural form of highlights and well I was so chuffed with the results I am most definitely going to have it done again.

* * *

What is Balayage?
Balayage is a coloring technique used to create sun-kissed, natural-looking highlights. Used as an alternative to foil highlighting, it is the action in which hair color is swept or painted on to the hair to create depth and dimension.



Balayage is the in-salon color service choice among the most discerning clients – celebrities, models and fashionistas – that demand hair color to be designed exclusively for them.(L'oreal proffessional)

 
* * *
  
Balayage highlights start at £135 at Harrods, but I would definitely recommend it. 



If you are getting your hair done at Urban Retreat, you can order your lunch to you...now that's table service! Mmmmmm! Don't forget to try the freshly prepared banana, apple and mango smoothie!



Bea {x}

No comments:

Post a Comment